PDA

View Full Version : Combine appointments/meetings

austenr
03-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone. Have not posted in a few weeks because this new job has me hpping. In my new job I have two email addresses. One is my contracting company email and the other is the company I am contracting at, hence two calendars.

The problem is that some meetings are scheduled in one calendar (sometime unbenonced to me) but not the other. How can I combine the two? Don't know if this is a VBA question or something that already exists that I can't find the answer to. Thanks in advance for your help. :dunno

geekgirlau
03-16-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm not an Outlook expert, but via code you could loop through all future appointments in one Calendar and add it to the other if it doesn't already exist, however maybe I'm over-complicating the issue ...

austenr
03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi GG,

Not sure either. Can't seem to find any resources on it myself and do not know too much about Outlook macros either.

Imdabaum
05-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm working on this same solution and I will come post tomorrow if I can find a solution.

Imdabaum
06-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Obviously I wasn't able to find a way in VB, but there is a temporary work around.

Decide which folder will be your Master calendar.
Switch to the other Calendar, then click VIEW in the menu--> CurrentView and select Events.

This puts one calender into a list view. Then Select ALL and Ctrl + C.
Then switch back to your Master Calendar and Ctrl + V.

It's hardly automated, but now that I know I can do that, I'm going to be working on finding a way to run that process in VB. Hopefully this weekend gives me a little more success. Sorry I don't have anything better to put on the table right now.