PDA

View Full Version : auto save files

saban
03-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Is there a way like autorecovery function except that if file is not saved word is closed than this .asd files are deleted. Is there a way to save this file to a temporary file on some location even if user had not save it.
(Word should automaticly assign this file a name, save it to defined location and re save it lets say every 2 minutes)

So when the old lady comes to me and says oh my god I forgot to save the document( I should slap her I guess) is there a way you can get me this document back plizz.

And then I would look into this folder where word saves document itself??

Thnx

TonyJollans
03-17-2006, 04:54 AM
Sorry, no way.

It's not actually possible to forget to save - at least forgetting to save won't lose you anything - you must explicitly tell Word that you don't want to save in order to lose a document. If you do that, well, what is there to say?

Of course, an autosave facility would be good but Word doesn't have it.

saban
03-20-2006, 02:43 AM
thanks

stay cool

saban
03-20-2006, 02:44 AM
and I guess there is no way to tell word not to delete .asd files after document is closed or saved

TonyJollans
03-20-2006, 05:20 AM
.asd file are AutoRecovery files. And once you have saved (or closed without saving) a document, Word has no need for them anymore. They are not meant for users to use.

mdmackillop
03-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi Saban,
Documents based on the attached template should be saved automatically every 15 seconds.
Regards
MD

lucas
03-22-2006, 08:47 AM
KB entry Malcolm!!!