PDA

View Full Version : Need help for writing a macro - Mail alert

Ruslebiff
03-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi folks !

I need some help writing a macro for Outlook 2002 or 2003.
I have a wish when a new mail arrives i want the 70-100% of the screen to show a big sign that a mail has arrived in the inbox, and this will contiunes loop until a person aknowldge it and close it and open the mail.

Im going to use this in a restaurant to recive orders per mail, and because the people who works there are so bussy all the time, i want them to respond to the mail quickly. The smal symbol in the bottom of the screen today is not god enough when a mail has arrived.

Maby a macro that start a specified file when a new mail arrives would work also.... like a screen saver file, flash file or a movie, and i can make that specified file with my software.

Sorry for my bad english.....

Please help me !!!

Regards
Ruslebiff :-)

Killian
03-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi and welcome to VBAX :hi:

You can do this with VBA but setting up a rule is much easier.

Go to the Outlook Tools menu and open the rules wizard.
You can set the rule up to work and all email that arrives by choosing to apply it to mail recieved after yesterdays date when you go through the wizard.
Then you can select and action. Like displaying a custom message, playing a sound or running an application (a flash .exe)

If you still need to do more that isn't on the list, you can choose "run a script" and we can write some code :thumb

Ruslebiff
03-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi again !

Thank you very much for your reply Killian :friends: , the rules are working 99% good and my converted flash file to .exe is working nice.

The only "smal" thing i havent check in the rule yet, is when my flash movie start it dosent start in the foreground.... :-/ , i would like that, but i can have a more close look at the rules in a few hours and see if there is a possibility there..... anyway im happy for your reply...

Again thanks ,
Ruslebiff :beerchug: