PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Exporting data from Access to Excel

joelle
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Hello Experts,

Excel is no alien to me; Access is different.
Now my 1st project to work with Access (I can move around there with basic feature) but pls would someone or someones point me to some threads that talk about "Exporting data from Access to Excel"

Needless to say, I'm most appreciative.

Nee

XLGibbs
03-25-2006, 06:37 AM
There is a built in menu function for this

File>Export Data

You can also use the macro designer and set up a Transfer out to excel. the help feature on this is "okay".

I also have a KB entry which is very targeted in terms of setting up a template report and a query..

http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=838

There are a number of ways to export to excel, either in code or using built in functionality depending on your needs.

joelle
03-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Hello XlGibbs,
Thank you for looking at my question and for providing the link.
I'll work with it and will post back.

Regards,
Nee

joelle
03-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Hello XLGibbs,
I looked at the link you provided - great! but also very advanced for me especially I dont sail yet in Access.

I would close this thread about Access (but dont know how to) since I also posted a thread called "very new to XL synchronization" with the hope that I could stay with excel on this project. So far though, no lights yet for my thread about synchronization.

Any landing hand is very much appreciated.

Nee

OBP
03-29-2006, 06:07 AM
What do you want to do with the data in Excel?

joelle
04-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Hello Tony,

Thank you again for all the help with this project of mine.
So far, our dept decides to stay with using Excel Workbook for data synchronization and so your VBA works wonderfully.

Then each week, I will just send them a blank Excel file and we start the process over. Needless to say, your VBA saves me whole bunch of data matching and data entry.

We came across via this wonderful vbaexpress board but your generosity and unselfishness is so much appreciated.

Best regards,
Nee

PS: Dear Board Admin - how come I can no longer mark my thread as "solved"? Thanks.

geekgirlau
04-03-2006, 11:56 PM
I've marked the thread for you - there's a problem with marking it solved since upgrading the board, but I'm sure this will be resolved soon.