PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need to modify and existing workbook.

jmenche
03-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi,

I sent out a spreadsheet to a number of users that has all kinds of array formulas. I protected all of the sheets so they couldn't mess up the formulas. I just realized that one of the formulas is incorrect. However, I don't just want to reissue a new version because they have already inputted a bunch of numbers and I don't want them to have to do all of that rework.

My big idea is to send out a workbook with just the corrected sheet and have a macro that swaps out the new sheet for the old one. It is possible that each user has renamed the workbook so the macro would have to prompt the user to search for their file. However, the sheet name should remain the same ,"Event Summary". I have protected each sheet with the password "interscope". I guess that would have to be applied to the new sheet after it is copied in.

Can someone help me out?

Assume I have a new workbook called "Template fix" with a sheet name called "Event Summary"

: pray2:

mdmackillop
03-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Here's a wee userform utility. It will write a formula into a designated cell, in this case A1, so keeping all sheet data intact.
The project password is "interscope"
Regards
MD

jmenche
03-24-2006, 12:02 PM
md,

Thanks! I take a look at it over the weekend.

:beerchug: