PDA

View Full Version : Very new to XL Synchronization

joelle
03-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Hello Experts,

Now I have an ongoing project of having to synchronizing different spreadsheet to a master one everyday and so if you could shed some light I'd sure appreciate it tremendously.

Case: I have a master workbook (says 3 worksheets there) and I send a copy out to Sales. Then, each of them will fill in sales info and send it back to me; there are 20 ws that I need to look at one by one and type in the new info onto my master spreadsheet.
Is there a simple VBA to do this task??? And I'd like the sync data to be added to the master (to empty fields there) and not override the existing data in the master wb.

Thanks so much in advance (I attach here an example wb).
Nee

matthewspatrick
03-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Nee,

You certainly can do this, but is there any possible way you could deploy a database app to do this? In the long run, you would be much better off...

Patrick

joelle
03-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Hello again Matt,
Thanks for the suggestion -- but the project is now small and my time frame is also "small". I guess I have no choice at the moment.

You certainly can do this So, how can I "certainly" do this :)
Then, in the long run, what kind of DB would you suggest?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thx,
Nee

geekgirlau
03-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Quick question: I understand that you want new entries added below your existing data, but will they be updating existing data as well?

joelle
03-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Hello Anne,
Thx for looking at my post -- and you're right about the 1st part ...
I would like to "new entries added below my existing data"

For example, under col B, I already have:
B1 = sales1
B2 = sales3
B3 = blank (new data will be ported in here, though it could be sales1 again)
B4 = blank (new data will be ported in here, though it could be sales3 again)

Thanks a lot,
Nee