PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Setup Audio File to Play During Entire Show

dc135custom
08-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Is it possible to attach an audio file so that it will play continuously through several slides. I can attach the file to several slides but it starts over with each slide change.

jamescol
08-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Which version of PPT are you using?

James

dc135custom
08-19-2004, 12:26 PM
2000 SR-1

jamescol
08-19-2004, 01:21 PM
You can do what you want with version of PPT later than Off98. Here's how: (Note, these steps may differ slightly in PPT2K - I'm giving you the PPTXP steps.

1. Open your presentation.

2. On the Insert menu, point to Movies And Sounds, and then click Sound From Gallery, Sound From File, Play CD Audio Track, or Record Sound.

3. After you insert the media (sound), select the media object, and then right-click Custom Animation

4. In the Custom Animation pane/dialog box, right-click the sound object and select the Timing option

5. Click the Effect tab on the dialog box that appears

6. Choose the Start Playing option "From Beginning"

7. Choose the Stop Playing option "After X Slides" - replace the X with the number of slides in your presentation

8. Click OK

James

dc135custom
08-19-2004, 03:02 PM
:yes Thanks for the info. While I was waiting I did a little poking around and found another way. I highlighted the first slide went to Slide Show>Slide Transitions and set the sound to the wav file I wanted and then chose apply, NOT "apply to all" then I chose the slide where I wanted the music to change (Slide 6) and repeated the proceedure. When I went into the slide show it did exactly what I needed, It played the first song contiuously until slide 6 and then change to the new song without a hitch. Just wanted to pass that on. Thanks again for your help. I going to check out your method to see how it differers and the advantages.