PDA

View Full Version : OWC Pivot Tables

pjones
03-29-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm writing a web page which successfully produces an excel pivot table using the Office Web Components in classic ASP but I cannot find how to supress subtotals against row and column items programmatically.
I can't bring up the xl_dennis articles on this site - is there some code in the articles page that my browser rejects or are there just no articles available at present - I get the articles section headings and no actual articles.

stanl
03-30-2006, 05:27 AM
This will not solve your issue but might help. Assuming oView is the current Pivot View Object

oView.RowAxis.FieldSets(0).Fields(0).Subtotals(0) = false

will remove grand totals. You can play around with it to remove individual subtotals as you might have multiple fieldsets in your rowaxis.

Stan

pjones
03-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Thanks Stan - I elaborated on that and added some loops
and the following worked!

pt = pivottablecosts.ActiveView

For i = 0 To pt.RowAxis.FieldSets.Count - 1
For j = 0 To pt.RowAxis.FieldSets(i).Fields.Count - 1
pt.RowAxis.FieldSets(i).Fields(j).Subtotals(0) = False
Next
Next

I've yet to work out all the whys and wherefores and still can't get at xl-Dennis articles on this site but I'm moving forward again.

XL-Dennis
03-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure why the articles are not available but You may search for the articles at Dick Kusleika's Daily Dose of Excel. They where first published there:

http://www.dicks-blog.com/

Edit: I believe the reason is that the forum is being upgraded:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7221

Hi Stan :)
I hope things are well with You and that You are able to manage to OWC in Your work.

Take care everyone and all the very best from,
Dennis

pjones
03-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Thank you Dennis - I saw the articles some time ago and bookmarked them for future and now it's the future....

They are THE ONLY good articles on the subject that I could find and I've done a lot of searching! I've now got them saved locally and printed so I can't lose them again!

Everyone else concentrates on getting the components installed and not on actually using them. Or they drown us deep in object models etc. Yours pitch at the right level.

Keep up the good work

Pat.

pjones
03-31-2006, 01:19 AM
Sorry about the double post - finger trouble - could the admin remove the earlier one please?

XL-Dennis
03-31-2006, 05:32 AM
Pat - thanks for Your kind comments and I'm still surprised that so little have been written about theses components.

Have a nice weekend and all the very best from,
Dennis

lucas
03-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Duplicate post deleted