PDA

View Full Version : Addin worksheets

Maka
03-29-2006, 06:06 PM
I have tried to use the worksheets visible in the vba interface to save info but i cannot reach them. Is there any special command, etc.?

malik641
03-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Could you explain in a little more detail? Or maybe show us your code??

mdmackillop
03-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi Maka
Try the following. Note that Sheet1 is the codename of the sheet, not the Sheet.Name value

Public Sub AddData()

With Sheet1
.Range("A1").Formula = "test"
End With

End Sub

Bob Phillips
03-30-2006, 01:35 AM
I have tried to use the worksheets visible in the vba interface to save info but i cannot reach them. Is there any special command, etc.?

Why do you need to make them visible, you can use them without that?

Maka
04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
thanks a lot mdmackillop, is there any way I can make it visible or do i have to make a copy into tha workbook using it? thanks

mdmackillop
04-04-2006, 08:38 AM
As XLD said, there is no need to make the worksheet visible.

Maka
04-04-2006, 05:33 PM
what if I want to make it visible? is there any way? i know it can be used hidden but...

Bob Phillips
04-05-2006, 01:03 PM
what if I want to make it visible? is there any way? i know it can be used hidden but...

Unset the IsAddin property.

Maka
04-09-2006, 07:16 AM
sorry, ive tried for over a week, how do i unset it?
addins("My AddIn").isaddin = false? (not working)
is it done by code or... thanks

tpoynton
04-09-2006, 07:34 AM
ThisWorkbook.IsAddin = False should make it visible, and setting to true should hide the sheet.

Bob Phillips
04-09-2006, 10:43 AM
sorry, ive tried for over a week, how do i unset it?
addins("My AddIn").isaddin = false? (not working)
is it done by code or... thanks

Go into the VBIDE (Alt-F11), select the ThisWorkbook object in the project explorer, and then set the IsAddin property to False. This makes the sheets visible.

Maka
04-10-2006, 07:33 PM
thanks a lot.

Zack Barresse
04-12-2006, 09:14 AM
This just came up in a discussion I think in the newsgroups (or was it DDE?), about using the Immediate window - with the addin *active* in the VBE - and typing "ThisWorkbook.Isaddin = False", Enter. I generally try to type out the addin name because I think it's safer. It's not so bad with the IsAddin property, but if you're trying Close or something it can be nasty. :(

Ken Puls
04-12-2006, 09:23 AM
This just came up in a discussion I think in the newsgroups (or was it DDE?), about using the Immediate window - with the addin *active* in the VBE - and typing "ThisWorkbook.Isaddin = False", Enter. I generally try to type out the addin name because I think it's safer. It's not so bad with the IsAddin property, but if you're trying Close or something it can be nasty. :(

I agree with typing the full name out. I've accidentally closed something like that before (and it was pretty frustrating at the time). :o:

Bob Phillips
04-12-2006, 10:18 AM

I suggested changing the property in the project explorer. There should be no possibility of the wrong workbook there.

Ken Puls
04-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I suggested changing the property in the project explorer. There should be no possibility of the wrong workbook there.

True. In a weird way, I think that Zack was trying to say your method was the more solid way to go. ;)

Zack Barresse
04-15-2006, 02:02 PM
LOL! Yeah, I like Bob's method. I just have contention with using the Immediate window on a loosely based assumption, which generally jumps high and bites hard. ;)