PDA

View Full Version : macro's lots

montagne
04-10-2006, 01:31 AM
new to vba. Make word doc and save as template. mail then to somebody. macro's for TAB order are no longer in template.

How do I solve this.

lucas
04-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Sorry, do you mean that the macro's are not in the sheet that you emailed or that they are missing from the original template(.dot) file? Or do you mean that you emailed the .dot file to someone?

montagne
04-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Sorry, do you mean that the macro's are not in the sheet that you emailed or that they are missing from the original template(.dot) file? Or do you mean that you emailed the .dot file to someone?
made document, saved as .dot template. If I then email to one of my email accounts running on different computer the macro's are not there anymore. Thanks for yr help

lucas
04-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Sounds like you may have saved your macro's in your normal.dot(just guessing here).
To see if your macro is in your normal.dot go to the visual basic editor(alt+F11) and in the explorer window on the left look for normal. Examine the modules, etc. there to see if your macros reside in the normal.dot instead of the template.dot that you created. You can also look in the template.dot for the macro's in the same way... hope this helps.

fumei
04-10-2006, 06:54 AM
A wee bit more detail please.

Are you saying that when you OPEN the template (.DOT ) file, the procedures are not available? That they are GONE - that is, you can't see them in the VBE?

Are you opening the .dot file, or are you using it to clone a new document?

Are any of them things that run automatically (Document_Open, Document_New)?

montagne
04-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Thank you for your help. Yes was stored in normal.dot
Going to correct it and see if problem is then resolved.
If not then I will come back.

Do you have script available for following.
checkbox, if marked then text entered in textbox1 should be copied into textbox2

Thanks
Montagne

fumei
04-10-2006, 03:20 PM
1. As much as possible you should avoid storing macros in normal.dot.

2. What are these checkboxes and textboxes? Formfields? ActiveX controls? In the document? On a userform?