PDA

View Full Version : using autocorrect

caz1805
04-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Hi i am using autocorrect to change quite a few words in a word document. Is there anyway that if i had a text box placed on the document that that the results from the autocorection could be placed in this textbox and the original text kept the same.

Any help would be really great thanks, if you need any more explanations just ask.

caz

fumei
04-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Autocorrect normally functions "live". Are you saying you are running autocorrect logic on an existing document? One word at a time? And you are asking for Autocorrect to determine a word is incorrect, but instead of correcting it - which it is designed to do - ignore what it is designed to do, and place what it WOULD HAVE done in a textbox?

Correct?

caz1805
04-16-2006, 06:30 AM
Well simply yes.

Thanks

fumei
04-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Is there anyway that if i had a text box placed on the document that that the results from the autocorection could be placed in this textbox and the original text kept the same.Well, simply.....no.

fumei
04-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Although, I have to ask.... How, exactly, are you doing this? How are you getting Autocorrect to do its thing on existing text?

caz1805
04-16-2006, 06:51 AM
Sorry if i was rude, i havent got it working was just asking if it could be done. Actually I thought of another way of doing it if that cant be done. What if the original text is copied into another text box as it is being typed and then the original text is translated like auttocorrect natural does.

Thanks and sorry again.

caz