PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Got a little trigger-happy with the mouse!!

Adaytay
08-25-2004, 04:53 AM
Hi folks :D

Just done something stoooopid... just accidentally locked a mini VB app in word, with no password. Every time I try to view the modules now I get "Project Unviewable" error message.

Haylp!! Can I recover the code?

Ad

Jacob Hilderbrand
08-25-2004, 05:35 AM
You can't view it with VBA. Can you export it and import it into VB?

Adaytay
08-25-2004, 05:38 AM
I don't have VB... :(

Ah well. Never mind, guess it's back to re-coding then!

Thanks anyway :)

Ad

Steiner
08-25-2004, 06:30 AM
How did you do this? I know people who would kill (ok, maybe just hurt) someone to get a project unviewable (NOT just locked) without sharing the document.

Adaytay
08-25-2004, 06:38 AM
I don't actually know. That's the worrying thing!!

Ad

TonyJollans
08-25-2004, 10:28 AM
"Project unviewable" isn't a security feature.

What are we looking at here? - a document? a template?

And when you say VB do you mean VBA?

JOrzech
08-26-2004, 03:48 PM
You say:

I don't have VB

But all Office apps have VBA. Open the document, press Alt F11, View Project Explorer, right click on your project, go to Properties, Protection. See if it's locked.

qazpl
05-07-2007, 06:19 AM
there are products online to open and unlock and get password of vba projects. try googling it.

fumei
05-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I am not understanding this.

"locked a mini VB app in word, with no password." Does not make any sense.

If there is no password project protection, then you should be able to see it. You will NOT see it (getting a "project unviewable" message) if it is in a template and that template file itself is not open.

So I have no idea what you mean by "locked" a mini-app in Word....with no password. Does not make sense.

lucas
05-07-2007, 11:06 AM
From what I've learned in the word forum....I believe Gerry is on the right track.. If it was password protected you would be prompted for a password...

fumei
05-07-2007, 11:30 AM
But he states "accidentally locked a mini VB app in word, with no password". So....huh?

Project Unviewable seems to me that the code modules are in a global template (.dot), and that file is NOT open. That is what happens. You can not view code modules of a global template file unless that file is open.