PDA

View Full Version : Excel Open Outlook, change activeprinter, class

Rick Clark
04-29-2006, 08:04 AM
There are 3 questions that I need help with.

I have a workbook that has several sheets in it. When completed, I am using a form that has checkboxes to chose which sheets you want to print then using a print button to print, the selected, to the default printer. This works great. Now it seems by popular demand that I create an email button so a copy of this can be emailed to the customer instead of faxing it. The main problem was to email a copy of only the selected sheets and without the customer having access to the info used to create it. This was solved by printing it in adobe format allowing any person receiving the email to click view and print. I have accomplished this by printing it to ?Universal Document Converter? through a printer driver and saving it with the current Excel file name in PDF format.

1. My question is at the end of the process to create this PDF file, which takes approx 45 seconds, I need to it to open outlook and attach this file and allow the operator to type the email address in and send and return to the workbook form.

2. I also use ( Application.activeprinter = "Universal Document Converter on UDC" ) to change the active printer driver which works great. Question, How do I get the active printer to go back to the default printer once all this is done. This needs to be done so they still have the option of printing a hard copy too. I should mention that everyone has their default printer set to there liking and most of them have problems understanding how to use auto filter i.e. the reason for all this to be done.

3. The last question is, can you suggest some type of online class that a person can take to improve their knowledge of VBA, since my knowledge is very limited.

Rick Clark
04-29-2006, 08:06 AM
oops post in the wrong place, sorry

lucas
04-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Moved to the excel forum