PDA

View Full Version : Sending Messages as a different user

mothra
05-03-2006, 02:44 AM
Hi,

First off, apologies for any thickery in the post, I'm a Outlook VBA newbie and have been trying for a couple of hours to solve my problem, no luck so far so last resort (posting here) reached.

I need to send an email, but I need to send it as another user (we have a account which is used as a collection point for receiving and sending emails, lots of users can access it)

I have tried using Namespace.Session.login and logging in as the user but when I try to send the mail it still has me as the current user (i.e my Email address is populated in the from clause).

Is there a way to send email as another user?
Thanks
Mark

ingridbl9
05-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Hi,

First off, apologies for any thickery in the post, I'm a Outlook VBA newbie and have been trying for a couple of hours to solve my problem, no luck so far so last resort (posting here) reached.

I need to send an email, but I need to send it as another user (we have a account which is used as a collection point for receiving and sending emails, lots of users can access it)

I have tried using Namespace.Session.login and logging in as the user but when I try to send the mail it still has me as the current user (i.e my Email address is populated in the from clause).

Is there a way to send email as another user?
Thanks
Mark

ingridbl9
05-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Hi,

If you just want to send an e-mail from outlook, normally you can do that from your own user, adding the from field in your mail message (View/From when in new message) and type the general mail address as sender.

Hope this helps,
Ingrid