PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Pivot table vba

SeanJ
05-04-2006, 12:02 PM
I need help with creating a pivot table in excel from Access vba after I created an Excel worksheet from access. I created a sub for it aready.

Help

Please see zip files for everything.

On the form you must enter a server name and dates before getting some queries.

Thanks,

Sean

OBP
05-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Is there any reason why you are not using Access's Pivot Table?

SeanJ
05-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Yep, the way the combo calendar boxes are setup does not allow for a pivot table in access. If someone has a better way of doing it then I am all ears.

OBP
05-05-2006, 05:01 AM
SeanJ, I have your Access database, can you tell me what you want to pivot table?
Do you want to graph it also?
Can I ask why you are using 2 combos and a calendar rather than 2 hidden date fields and a calendar for each field?

SeanJ
05-05-2006, 06:02 AM
I need to graph the worksheet("Day's Average") so that the days will be on the x Axis and the AvgTime on the y Axis. I thought I needed to be put into a pivot table to display the info correctly.

For the combo obx I did not think of that, but that is a good idea.

SeanJ
05-05-2006, 07:07 AM
UPDATE:

Maybe if I set a Excel Reference in Access, then maybe I may be come a fair programmer :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

SeanJ
05-05-2006, 08:44 AM
I got the graph to work, but again if anyone got a better idea let me know.

Private Sub GraphData()

Dim counti As Long
Dim wsChart As Object
counti = ws.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Set wsChart = xlApp.Charts.Add()

xlApp.ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=xlApp.Sheets("Day's Average").Range(ws.Cells(1, 2), ws.Cells(counti, 3)), PlotBy:=xlRows
With wsChart

.ChartType = xlColumnClustered
.SetSourceData Source:=xlApp.Sheets("Day's Average").Range(ws.Cells(1, 2), ws.Cells(counti, 3)), PlotBy:=xlColumns
.SeriesCollection(1).Delete
.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = xlApp.Sheets("Day's Average").Range(ws.Cells(2, 2), ws.Cells(counti, 2)).Value

End With

End Sub

OBP
05-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Do you mean like the one in the form called graph in this database.

SeanJ
05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Sorry, the graph is for WorkSheets("Day's Average").

I modified the code for the graph again.

Private Sub GraphData()

Dim counti As Long
Dim wsChart As Object
Dim strName As String
Set ws = xlApp.ActiveSheet
strName = ws.Cells(2, 1).Value
counti = ws.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Set wsChart = xlApp.Charts.Add()
wsChart.Name = strName

xlApp.ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=xlApp.Sheets("Day's Average").Range(ws.Cells(1, 2), ws.Cells(counti, 3)), PlotBy:=xlRows
With wsChart

.ChartType = xlColumnClustered
.SetSourceData Source:=xlApp.Sheets("Day's Average").Range(ws.Cells(1, 2), ws.Cells(counti, 3)), PlotBy:=xlColumns
.SeriesCollection(1).Delete
.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = xlApp.Sheets("Day's Average").Range(ws.Cells(2, 2), ws.Cells(counti, 2)).Value
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = strName
.ChartTitle.Font.Bold = True
.ChartTitle.Font.Size = 12
.Deselect

End With

End Sub

OBP
05-05-2006, 12:09 PM
SeanJ, in the database that I posted did you set your form's values and then open the form called Graph?

SeanJ
05-08-2006, 03:59 AM
My sponsor want all information to be presented in Excel and then some stuff later to be displayed in PowerPoint when this project gets lifted off the ground. Thank for helping with the display in Access, but my sponsor will not go for it.