PDA

View Full Version : Text in a cell, and row AutoFit

Thymen
05-09-2006, 02:20 AM
Hi Folks,

I am using a textbox on a form for the user to key in text. It is a multiline textbox, so with ctr-enter one can add a line break.

The textbox contents is then put into a cell, on a sheet I use to print out an overview of all the data. Formatting the sheet for printing works, except for one thing:

If I AutoFit all rows after setting fonts & sizes, the multiline text is shown as a single-line height row. So, ever second and so one line of input is not shown.

Can't figure out how to make the row adjust it's height to show ALL lines....

Any suggestions?

edit: in concern some merged cells on the same row; after un-merging, autofit works! But why not with merged cells?

edit II: I used the search function before asking this question. But, after looking again I found a piece op code here 0n this forum that more or less indicates that merged cells won't autofit just like single cells. Is there a deeper meaning here? Or is it a bug?

Thymen

lucas
05-09-2006, 06:25 AM
Not necesisarily a bug but merged cells can cause problems like this. Its better to use "center across selection" to put text in the middle of several cells on a row.

right click the selection and under the alignment tab -horizontal alignment select "center across selection"