PDA

View Full Version : PowerPoint Handouts Print to PDF

swsouth
05-18-2006, 11:43 PM
And I got one more. This time I've got PowerPoint handouts that I need to convert to PDF. I'm already doing it successfully by printing to PDF using the following code:

Public Sub HandoutsToPDF()
With ActivePresentation.PrintOptions
.RangeType = ppPrintAll
.NumberOfCopies = 1
.Collate = msoTrue
.OutputType = ppPrintOutputThreeSlideHandouts
.PrintHiddenSlides = msoTrue
.PrintColorType = ppPrintColor
.FitToPage = msoFalse
.FrameSlides = msoTrue
.HandoutOrder = ppPrintHandoutHorizontalFirst
.ActivePrinter = "Adobe PDF"
End With
ActivePresentation.PrintOut
End Sub

This works OK, but it breaks the process flow, because I have no control over the dialog box that pops-up asking where you want to save the PDF. All my other documents (Word and PowerPoint), I have full control over them and impose a standard naming convention and location where I save them. But for the PDF, I have to hope the end-ser has enough intelligence to save the doc where it needs to go (I won't hold my breath on that one!) So it would be great if I could use a command line and print the PDF from within my code. I've read several things that touch on this and make it sound possible, but details are scarce. The Acrobat SDK has a command "AdobePDFSilent" that seems like it might work, but I can't download the SDK -- looks like you have to be a member or something. So I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I just want to print to PDF and have control over the filename and location. Thanks in advance for any help.

SW