PDA

View Full Version : Command Buttons not Working ONLY for Specific User

dondark
05-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Hey,

I have an Access DB (2003) on a network. The DB is split and there are 5 or 6 users operating on the front end. The DB is interfaced with a Main Menu form and several other forms. Everything is linked so it is very user friendly.

I have one user who is complaining that certain command buttons on the Main Menu are not functioning properly, i.e. nothing is happening when he clicks them. But there are other command buttons on the Main Menu that work fine.

I also have another user who testifies that everything works fine on her computer. I am trying to help the one individual and I am guessing from the info that the problem is computer / software specifc to his CPU.

Does anyone have any suggestions or possible solutions to the problem?

HELP! Thanks!

OBP
05-19-2006, 08:45 AM
It is possible that it is their Mouse that is the problem, not registering the "Click". Or maybe the Mouse Driver?

dondark
05-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Their mouse registers the click function on other command buttons on the form. I think the some form of error is occuring. I ran some tests on his computer and it seems that an error is occuring and routing the code to the "on error" event. That subsequently exits the sub routine.

Is there any reason why clicking on the form would cause an error (No error message ID, it just routes that way) for one user but not for another? Is the mouse rweally a possibility? I was thinking more along the lines of defualt application / personal computer applications...

Thoughts?

XLGibbs
05-19-2006, 05:47 PM
If this is on a network, see if the user has the same troubles from another desktop. YOu may consider disabling the error trapping to see what is happening on the unsuccessful clicks.

dondark
05-19-2006, 05:52 PM
I did. When I disabled the error traps the runtime error that occured indicated that no form of the specified name could be found. Or that the form name was not identified.

This problem does not occur on the other desktops, just this one individuals. Any thoughts?

XLGibbs
05-19-2006, 05:56 PM
SOunds specifically like an Access issue on that desktop then. I would start by reinstalling the software first. Are all user's versions in 2003? Outside chance it is a version control issue or something..

OBP
05-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Is it a "secured" database?
If so does this individual have the necessary rights to the form?