PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Columns show hide

joanna_gr
05-20-2006, 03:41 AM
Hi all! I need your support on the following: I was asked to create a time plan for a project and the structure of the spreadsheet is on column "A" I have ppl involved in the project and on top rows weeks for the last 3 months and the scope is to show hours planned to be charged in each week. That is easy but now I was asked to add columns to show the actual hours for the previous months and not only the planned. The problem is that the speadsheet is already big enough and if I add more columns no one can read it. I thought to use a macro to hide and unhide columns but this is not very effective as I want to be able to choose what column to show (it would be perfect if I could choose a spesific week to show only, by a check box or something). Any ideas to help me, please

Jacob Hilderbrand
05-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Are you familiar with user forms? I would suggest using a user form with a listbox on it. You can add the column headers or dates to the listbox, then based on what item(s) are selected, those columns can be hidden or unhidden.

joanna_gr
05-20-2006, 07:10 AM
wow! perfect! exactly what I was looking for ! Thank you very much :clap:

lucas
05-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Hard to beat any solution Jake comes up with but if you want to use checkboxes, check this out.

Jacob Hilderbrand
05-20-2006, 11:10 AM
You're Welcome :beerchug:

Take Care