PDA

View Full Version : VBA Codes that i like to learn :)

photon_ed
05-24-2006, 11:23 AM
hello, i am interested to find out the codes for the excel spread sheet which you can download from the link below.. I tried to open using editor however it was password potected :(

The function such as the drop down box with scelecte option for highlighting on sheet, plus the autoHighlight function on the "MAtch Schedule" sheet.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

yours,
Ed

link:
http://www.parry.co.nz/wc.zip

lenze
05-24-2006, 11:31 AM
What attached sheet??

lenze

photon_ed
05-24-2006, 11:39 AM
sorry, i was too big to upload as an attactment. please chekc the link.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

yours,
Ed

lenze
05-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Ask Graham (AKA Parry) about it.

lenze

mdmackillop
05-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi Photon.
I think the file is a great example of what you can do with Excel. But if the code is not available then I would start by identifying the "simple" functions and checking Help for the likely property used. Maybe not the quickest way, but I find its the best way to remember for future use.
Regards
MD

lenze
05-24-2006, 02:22 PM
In addition to MD's comments, if you can describe an effect from the Workbook and ask a specific question regarding that effect, I'm sure you will get some ideas from the forum.
Example. How can I make C2 red when I enter "yes" in D6??

lenze

photon_ed
05-26-2006, 02:35 AM
oK, I will have a go.
Thank you very much for all the prompt replies :)

Yours,
Ed

Killian
05-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Hi Ed,

There's certainly a lot going on there and it would be interesting to see how much is done with VBA.
For example, the autoHighlight function in "Match Schedule" could be done with code in the combo box change event, looping through the ranges in the team lists. As a programmer, that's my instinctive reaction but after all this time mixing with all the Excel gurus around here, I'm starting to realise I should be looking to native functionality first (but there's so much of it to remember). It's doubtless faster and more efficient to do it by linking the combobox to a cell and applying conditional formatting to the ranges based on the linked cell's value.

Emily
05-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the excellent file link