PDA

View Full Version : Sizing of form windows

bwells
05-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey all. Is there any way of letting powerpoint "judge" how big a window should be? Heres my situation, in one form I am building up string and then a new form opens to display that string. But the thing is this string may be a variety of sizes (depends on the user). I want the new form that opens up to show the string to expand if the message is larger or stay the normal way if its shorter. I hope you understand what I mean.

Killian
05-31-2006, 03:08 AM
Presumably, your text is in a label? If you set the label's autosize property to true and its WordWrap property to false, it will resize to fit the length of the string on one line. You can then check the width of the label against a max width constant to see if you need to set wordwrap back if you need more than one line and when it's all done, resize the form.
I've attached an example

bwells
05-31-2006, 06:04 AM
Aiight, i'm going to take a look. Thanks alot

bwells
06-05-2006, 06:12 AM
Wher do you declare cmdClose

Killian
06-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Wher do you declare cmdClose
I don't, it's the name of the command button :-)

bwells
06-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Ok. Well i Got something to work with the resizing. I just checked the height againstthe height of the form window and check different situations and did actions based on those situations Seems to be working.