PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Insert Page w/out VBA?

tonyrosen
05-30-2006, 10:56 AM
I've been asked if it's possible to "insert a page in MS Word"?

The user is thinking along the lines of how Excel does an "Insert>Worksheet" type of thing. They want to go "Insert>Page".

I've informed them that they can insert a page break, but that's not what they're wanting to do (I know that essentially it's exactly what they want to do). They don't wish to hit "return" until the new page is blank, because they then spend the time lining up everything again below the new page.

fumei
05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
They don't wish to hit "return" until the new page is blank, because they then spend the time lining up everything again below the new page.I have read this a couple of times...and I have no idea what it means.

Don't want to hit "return" (I assume you meant "Enter") until the new page is blank? Huh?????? WHAT??????

A new page IS blank.

I am shaking my head. Want to try that again?

Apps
05-31-2006, 01:55 AM
:dunno :bug:

Not sure either - are they wanting to use a Section break instead of a page break (to give them a full blank new page) at a point in the document?

See if "Insert > Break > Next Page" gives them what they want.

Regards,
Apps
:thumb

fumei
05-31-2006, 05:37 AM
And what is with "lining up"?

It certainly is possible to create a new blank page in the middle of some other text. Do a Ctrl-Enter twice. Voila...a new blank page. However, I suspect this is not what you are asking about. Perhaps you can clarify it.

tonyrosen
05-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Exactly what I'm looking for!

Thanks fumei!

fumei
05-31-2006, 06:34 AM
Uh...you are welcome.