PDA

View Full Version : View code of attached template

lui
05-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to view the code of an attached template in Word 2003. When I try to view the code of the attached template through the VBE project explorer, it pops up a message that the "project is unviewable".

Thanks,
Lui :dunno

fumei
06-01-2006, 05:22 AM
No, except for Normal.dot, which is always available ("viewable").

If the AttachedTemplate file itself is not open you can not view its code modules in the VBE. The code itself IS available...no, that is not correct... the procedures are. The code itself is not.

matthewspatrick
06-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Lui,

What I do in these circumstances is close Word, move the template to a different folder so it will not reattach on start, open the template manually, and then view the code.

fumei
06-12-2006, 12:05 PM
What I do in these circumstances is close Word, move the template to a different folder so it will not reattach on start, open the template manually, and then view the code.HUH?????

If you want to look at the code of ANY file (be it a template file, or a document file) you must have the file open. With one exception. Normal.dot code is always available.

So I do not understand moving the template to another file. Reattach? Sorry, but template files do NOT reattach themselves...unless explicitly told to do so. However, any changes in code in a template are immediately available. And even if they did reattach...so what? Want to look at the code? Open the file.