PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Progress Bar

jmenche
06-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Howdy,

I have a worksheet that has a shiznit load of array formulas (has to be this way). I have the calculation turned to Manual and fire a sheet recalc when necessary (it takes 3 mins approx). Is there a progress bar that I can show during the recalc? The problem is it is easy to break the recalc by simply clicking in the sheet before the sheet has updated fully.

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated too.

:beerchug:

malik641
06-01-2006, 04:01 PM
I've had problems with arrays taking too much time before. I ended up (in code) setting the calculation to manual (only while using that specific excel file) and performed the calculations of what needed to be re-calculated using Events. Luckily I knew which cells had to be re-calculated within each data entry in whatever sheet it was in.

If you know what cells are going to need to be calculated with each data entry, maybe this would be a good option for you. If written effeciently, it will increase your re-calc time tremendously :thumb

jmenche
06-02-2006, 05:58 AM
I am already doing that I believe. I have about 3,500 rows and 5 columns filled with array formulas. I'm sure there is a better way to set up the data but I am not a super programmer and the data sets are dynamic so I have to have the formulas copied down far enough to cover.

TheAntiGates
06-02-2006, 07:35 AM
If you're familiar with using Forms,
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip34.htm

Another alternative is the intrinsic SysCmd (I have used it in Access, but not Excel), but j-walk (as always) blows away microsoft's offering.