PDA

View Full Version : VBA Properties Locked

Apollo
06-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Having trouble saving when VBA Project is protected.

If I lock the VBA Project to not allow users to view code, the workbook can not be saved until the protection is removed.

The error message is:

"You cannot save to this file format when the VBA Project is protected. You may unprotect the VBA project by choosing the properties command on the visual basic editor's tools menu and entering the password for the active project."

Office 2003

Thanks
Brian

Jacob Hilderbrand
06-01-2006, 06:50 PM
What type of file type are you trying to save it as?

Apollo
06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
.xls

Jacob Hilderbrand
06-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Is this for a Windows OS?

Apollo
06-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Yes, it is for windows OS.

I have done some reading and found one article indicating that one can not lock VBA from being viewed and still save (Office 2003). However, I have locked the VBA properties and saved with just a blank workbook. So, I do not think that is correct.

My workbook has four simple spreadsheets w/simple formulas. The Macros are also simple. So, I
dont
think it could be related to the file being to big or corrupted w/something.

Again, any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

lucas
06-17-2006, 10:42 AM
This is probably a security setting....I can save as workbooks with password protected code with 2003

Jacob Hilderbrand
06-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Are you on a network at work? Maybe your IT department did something to disable saving of macros.

Desert Piranha
07-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Having trouble saving when VBA Project is protected.

If I lock the VBA Project to not allow users to view code, the workbook can not be saved until the protection is removed.

The error message is:

"You cannot save to this file format when the VBA Project is protected. You may unprotect the VBA project by choosing the properties command on the visual basic editor's tools menu and entering the password for the active project."

Office 2003

Thanks
BrianHi all,

I am having the same problem in Excel2000. Has any thing been found out regards to this. I have done it many times before, which worked ok.
Security is on medium.
I'm not on a network at work.
Trying to save as .xls
It could be some kind of code problem as i am building the workbook. although i have no clue as to what. The codes could be made better and shortened, but they seem to work ok. Maybe something isn't closing.

What i was working on when this started was (in various places)
hiding formulas,
Option Private Module,
EnableAutoFilter = True
.Protect , UserInterfaceOnly:=True
Password protecting the VBE for viewing.

The workbook does copy from another open workbook then paste in this workbook. That works ok.

Any ideas?

lucas
07-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Does it occur with all workbooks?

Desert Piranha
07-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

I am having the same problem in Excel2000. Has any thing been found out regards to this. I have done it many times before, which worked ok.
Security is on medium.
I'm not on a network at work.
Trying to save as .xls
It could be some kind of code problem as i am building the workbook. although i have no clue as to what. The codes could be made better and shortened, but they seem to work ok. Maybe something isn't closing.

What i was working on when this started was (in various places)
hiding formulas,
Option Private Module,
EnableAutoFilter = True
.Protect , UserInterfaceOnly:=True
Password protecting the VBE for viewing.

The workbook does copy from another open workbook then paste in this workbook. That works ok.

Any ideas?Hi all,
Thx Lucas for your comeback. No its not with all files.

I may have hit on the answer. DRJ mentioned it. I was up real late last night going through everything looking for an ilregularity, as this is a very important file.

I have excel set to default save as "Microsoft Excel Workbook(*.xls)". But i went to try to save the file as a different name and i noticed it was going to save as
"Microsoft Excel 97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook(*.xls)".

Even though they are both .xls they are different formats i think. I don't know what the difference is, but i'm sure you guys know.

I saved as the first one, and have played with the file for a while, and at this point it seems to be ok.

I have no idea how the file got saved as the second one.

My issue seems to be solved.

Thx to all for sharing your knowledge.