PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD 2004 - WBLOCK command

malik641
06-06-2006, 06:48 AM
Recently I posted about SHX Fonts and an error about too many unknown fonts. It was solved by the WBLOCK command. But I had to re-create my named filter layers.

Is there a way to save the created named filter layers?

Thanks

lucas
06-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Were they in use when you wblocked the file?

lucas
06-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi Joseph,
from the helpfile as I don't use layer filters much:

If you use WBLOCK to create a new drawing from the current drawing, saved layer states are preserved only if you specify Entire Drawing as the source in the Write Block dialog box (equivalent to -wblock /* on the command line). These saved layer states will refer only to layers that contain objects.

So basically I think you must have objects on the layers in the filter when you run wblock.....

malik641
06-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Nah, I read up on that earlier and I was hoping to find my answer there...but when I dug a little deeper I found this in the help file:

Saves state and properties settings of the layers in a drawing under a specified layer state name. When saving a layer state, you specify which layer settings are affected when the layer state is later restored.

New Layer State Name
Specifies a name for the new layer state to be saved.
Layer States
Specifies the layer states settings that are to be saved in the layer state: On/Off, Frozen/Thawed, Locked/Unlocked, Plot/No Plot, New VP Frozen/Thawed.
Layer Properties
Specifies the layer properties settings that are to be saved in the layer state: Color, Linetype, Lineweight, and Plot Style.

So the Layer States aren't the filters that I created... :mkay

But thanks for the reply :thumb

P.S. I also found this:

If you use WBLOCK to create a new drawing from the current drawing, saved layer states are preserved only if you specify Entire Drawing as the source in the Write Block dialog box (equivalent to -wblock /* on the command line). These saved layer states will refer only to layers that contain objects.

And I did do just that (Entire Drawing as the source). And I lost the layer filters.

lucas
06-06-2006, 12:31 PM
These saved layer states will refer only to layers that contain objects.

You must have existing blocks on those layers on the sheet when you wblock....right?

malik641
06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, but whether it be blocks or a line....the layer state would be saved...as it was. From what I gather layer states are not filters created in the layer manager.

Hmm....:think: