PDA

View Full Version : Formula Help

spaz9876
06-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know how to do an access formula so that it shows on a report a total number for the month?
Example:

There are 5 proposals completed in the month of June by Rep1 and 10 by Rep2. How can I have a formula that looks for the month and then counts all the proposals per Rep?

OBP
06-16-2006, 08:53 AM
There are 2 ways to do this, have the totals calculated on a query and use that in the report, or if you are listing the items in the report you have a "running Total" field (set to invisible) that adds the items up and then display it at te botto of the report.

spaz9876
06-16-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure how to do either.
I have the following fields - Company Name, Date Proposed, Amount Proposed, Sales Rep.
If a rep has proposed 5 jobs in January and 4 jobs in February, how can I list that number i.e. January= 5 and February =4 for EACH Rep?

OBP
06-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Spaz, do you want to list the jobs as well?
When you create a report using the report wizard, you need to go through it quite slowly, when you get to thepart where it asks if you want any sorting or grouping, if you answer yes, the wizard gives you more options like totalling for groups.
You want to group your records by Sales Rep.
If you want the Months going across the top and the Reps going down the side, with the number of jobs under each month then you will need to use a cross-tab query.
If you can post a zipped copy of the database I can show you how it is done.

spaz9876
06-16-2006, 09:55 AM
No I don't want to list the jobs.
Right now the report shows a list of just the active jobs.
At the bottom of the sorting (I do have it sorted/grouped by Sales Rep) and I want it to show a list of proposals done each month (some of them may be lost or sold so they may not be on the list of active jobs.) The database is HUGE so I don't think I can put it in here.

OBP
06-16-2006, 10:02 AM
How many records in the database?
Has the database been repaired and compacted as that will reduce it's size dramatically if it has never been done before?
You could take a copy and delete nearly all of the records and then zip and post it.
It is hard to envisage what you want to do.
When you say each month do you mean a seperate report for each month?
seperate page or pages for each month?
Do you just want to add the data to your current report?
It might mean you need to use a sub-report

CFDM
06-19-2006, 01:52 PM
use sorintg and grouping and total it in the footer