PDA

View Full Version : filtering lists in data access pages

eed
09-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey, guys -- I'm working on a Data Access Page in Access 2000. My users will need to select values in two dropdown lists (combo boxes, whatever you prefer to call them).

The second box has almost two hundred choices, which of course is tedious to scroll through, so I'd like to filter the second box based on the user's choice in the first box.

I do this all the time on my regular Access forms, but I'm much less clear on how to do it within the Data Access Page. I certainly hope this technology improved somewhat in Access 2002 and 2003, because in 2K, it really stinks. Anyway, enough of my whining -- any advice on how to easily filter Box2 according to Box1 would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-- eed :hi:

Imdabaum
01-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Don't you do it the same way as within Access? You just need some form of relating the first combo box with the second. I have done similar things where one query populates the combo box, and then the result of that is queried into the second drop down box or a third as the example below. The important thing is finding the link between the two.

scratch that... I'm wrong.. I'll toy with it tonight and see if I can figure it out though.