PDA

View Full Version : Corruption? :(

john-86
06-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone :)

I have a rather serrious problem that I'm hoping one of you will be kind enough to give me a simple answer to (if that simple answer exists, of course).

I've been working on a database for a little while. Throughout it's design I've been bombarded with the same error message which seems to be linked to some of my forms being corrupted yesterday.

The error says:

Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.

Now I'm not working with any networked files at all. I'm loading the database from my hard drive (it was on a USB key for a while). I'm really hoping that this is just some check box I've accidentally clicked, but I fear there's some form of corruption. Can anyone enlighten me?

I wouldn't mind having this problem if I didn't have to code all my completely unbound forms in 6 days (inc. my "weekend").

Thanks everyone,

John

CFDM
06-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Are there backend tables that need to be relinked?

john-86
06-20-2006, 01:01 AM
no... nothing like that I'm afraid. I'm stumped :mkay . It seems, now, to be when I try to add VBA code. I've tried reinstalling office, (installing over the top AND completely removing and installing again). I just don't know.

OBP
06-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Can you post a zipped copy of the database on here for us to look at?

john-86
06-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Can do. Before I do that, I'm going to run a few tests. It seems to be working on this computer. So it may just be the laptop I've been working off...

I shall see how it goes. Thanks for the replies :)

john-86
06-22-2006, 05:04 AM
Hi guys - found out what the problem was. One of my forms was corrupted (it only told me this once I'd installed Office 2k3). I deleted the form, re-made it and voila :D

Now to make the deadline :eek: