PDA

View Full Version : Problem with VBA Recorder

shades
09-01-2004, 12:51 PM
I am familiar with VBA in Excel (2002) and use the recorder to get insight into how Excel VBA works.

Now I am trying that with Word 2002, but when I turn on the recorder, I cannot copy any thing. It won't let me select words, sentences, etc. Is there something I am missing?

Jacob Hilderbrand
09-01-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't use the Word Macro Recorder that much, but to select just hold Shift and use the arrow keys.

shades
09-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Unfortunately that didn't work. Originally did this on Word 2002, and then last night on Word 2004. Unable to select anything, by any method in either system.

TonyJollans
09-02-2004, 03:15 PM
By and large you can't use the mouse within a document when you're recording a macro in Word, and there are some actions you can't record. You should be able to use the arrow keys to move around normally (and use them with Shift to Select as Jake said).

It may be different on the Mac but are you saying you can't use the arrow keys, or just that you can't select? If the latter, what happens when you hold down Shift and use the arrow keys? If using Shift doesn't work, what about moving to your start point, pressing F8 to enter Extend mode, and then using the arrow keys?

shades
09-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Okay, my sig says it all...

After some playing with this, I have discovered the secrets of selecting, copying, pasting. Just seems counter-intuitive to have the two programs operate differently on such a basic task.

Thanks, guys.:hi:

TonyJollans
09-03-2004, 11:01 AM
What else would you expect from an integrated family of products?:dunno