PDA

View Full Version : Change page/background size on Notes Master

andre_v_r
06-28-2006, 03:42 AM
When I assign height, width, top and left to the shapes on the notes master to particular fixed sizes via VBA, then depending on the presentation (some authors give me weird presentations) the shapes jut out over the edge of the white notes master background.

So I want to alter the size of that background so it can accomadate my shapes. See pic attached. Left-hand side shows the background too small, right-hand side shows how I want it. Yet how to do this with VBA?

A call to "ActivePresentation.NotesMaster.Background.height" produces an error (bug?), and "ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight" produces a value of 540 even when the heights of my notes master shapes add up to 680 (where both fit comfortably within the background page and do not jut out over the edge). Does anyone recognize this problem? How can I change page/background size on Notes Master via VBA?

andre_v_r
06-29-2006, 12:32 PM
I found the read-only properties height and width:
msgbox "For pres. " & ActivePresentation.Name & vbCr & _
"NotesMaster.Height is: " & ActivePresentation.NotesMaster.height & vbCr & _
"NotesMaster.Width is: " & ActivePresentation.NotesMaster.width
MY problem would be solved if I could write to these properties:(

Killian
06-29-2006, 12:51 PM
The Notes master has the same page setup as the rest of the presentation. The thing you can change is the orientation of the notes pages (in the Page Setup dialog).
Consequently, to make this adjustment you would need to change the PageWidth of the whole presentation. Which I'm guessing is no good.

andre_v_r
06-30-2006, 04:24 AM
no, I just want to tidy the result not change the entire layout (see pics attached)
Thanks