PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Posting w/ HTML?

YellowLabPro
06-29-2006, 01:43 AM
I am wondering if there is an option to turn HTML code to on, under Posting rules there are four options, one of which is HTML code is off on my account.
I would like to post a viewable example of a worksheet on the board and it only posted the raw text. I used Colo's HTML Utility to create the post. Is that the recommended program for this board, it has size limits, but that might be a function of MrExcel's board and not Vbax?

thanks in advance,

YLP

Ken Puls
06-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi YLP,

Yes, HTML has been turned off due to potential vulnerabilities, so Colo's HTML maker won't work. Sorry bout that.

You can upload a full copy of your workbook or a sample file though. If you "go advanced" on your reply, you'll see the option. I believe it's called "manage attachements".

YellowLabPro
06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks Ken,
I was killing myself looking for the setting in my CP. There is a limit on the size of the file that will be permitted to be uploaded, correct? Which if the file size is too large it would prevent a complete file upload?

Thanks,

YLP

Ken Puls
06-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi,

Yes, there is a limit, although I can't remember what it is, exactly. If your file is over the limit, it won't upload at all.

We also support zip files though, so if it's too big you can try zipping it, and if it's still too big... cull the irrelevant stuff. ;)

Cheers,

Killian
06-29-2006, 12:26 PM
The size limits are in the upload dialog. They vary depending on file type (zip and xls are 244.1 KB).

:sleuth: