PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Unprotect a sheet / or book

Buk Hix
09-03-2004, 11:19 AM
I just started a new job and have inherited a spreadsheet that has a password set for sheet protection. Is there a cheap or free tool out there that will allow me to get past this? By the way I did try to search the forum for this topic but it twice went to a blank page and just set there.

Also. Hi Dreamboat, it has been a while!

Zack Barresse
09-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi,

Kind of curious as to why you need to break a password.. If it's not yours, and you don't have permission, you shouldn't be doing it. But you know best. I believe this was originally done by Bob McCormick at the MS NG...

For breaking worksheet protection ...

'Code edited by firefytr

To break workbook protection ...

'Code edited by firefytr

For your own, go to www.xxxxxxx.com (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum) and download the add-in password breaker, it does sheet and book protection. Donations are accepted there (as well as here :p )

Buk Hix
09-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Kind of curious as to why you need to break a password.. If it's not yours, and you don't have permission, you shouldn't be doing it.This is legitimate. An employee that no longer works here set the password. I need to make some changes to the format as well as the headings but can't because the sheet is locked. I have the permission I need to make the changes. I just don't have the ability ..... yet. Thanks for the code and the link I will try em out.

Update: Thanks the above mentioned add in did the trick.

Zack Barresse
09-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Sure, no problem. :)

I know how it is, I inherrited plenty of sheets that needed to be cracked down so I could FIX them! LOL!

Take care!