PDA

View Full Version : How to do this ?

ViRuS
06-30-2006, 08:15 PM
The problem statement is tht thr is a table with 3 identical legs. Of this i need to change the length of one leg. So i ve to write a macro by which i can chage the leg height & the change should be such that the table gets tilted as per the new ht of the 3rd leg.

Please help.
How to proceed....
I m using AutoCAD 2004

lucas
07-01-2006, 08:14 AM
sounds like a class assignment. what do you have so far?
can you post your dwg file here?

malik641
07-01-2006, 02:34 PM
You need to add more info. Are the three legs at 90? with the table? Are they at angles? Does the cut of the leg have to be perpindicular with the leg? Are the three legs seperated evenly apart?

Could you add more details please?

And welcome :hi:

ViRuS
07-01-2006, 08:38 PM
well....... ya its an sort of class assignment. the drawing is simple. I ve uploaded it. Now I ve to select any one leg & decrease its height. And I want the table should always be in contact of the leg(so the table will get tilted if I cange the height). Thats it.
The problem is that I want the co-ordinates of all the corners. How to get all the coordinates.

Hope its more clear now.

malik641
07-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Are the legs cylindrical? Are the rectangular prisms?

You can get the coordinates by just applying a snap to them (depending on the shape).

And just a hint for your solution, I don't think you can cut the leg perpidicular to the leg to get the difference in height of the leg the same as the table when tilted. I'm pretty sure you have to cut it at an angle...or at least chamfer the piece of the leg that, when tilted, becomes in contact with the floor.

mdmackillop
07-02-2006, 07:33 AM
I don't know much about AutoCad, but if you're dealing with precise figures, I think you can only use the height/position on the centre line of each leg, otherwise things will become very complicated very quickly. Chamfers etc. can be applied once the table angle is determined.

ViRuS
07-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Are the legs cylindrical? Are the rectangular prisms?

You can get the coordinates by just applying a snap to them (depending on the shape).

ya thats what i want. How to get the coordinates. Can u explain it more.
Okay lets make it a bit diff.
Suppose I have 3 cuboids(can be anything) in a particular drawing. Now I need to select one of them & I need to write a macro which can give me the coordinates(or coordinate of the end points of main diaglnal) of the selected cuboid.
thxxx