PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Problem with date command button in Sign in workbook

Paul C
07-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi i am having a problem with a workbook, thanks to the generous help from kind folks on this forum who have helped me piece together a sign in register, it is almost finished but i am having a problem with the date command button, the problem is the first time its pressed it inputs the date correctly but also displays a time format, from then on it works great, any ideas.?

I have attached a copy so you can see what i am talking about.

Also the Visual basic worksheets appear to be in another language, is it possible to convert them to english?

Again Thanks for any help

Paul C
07-04-2006, 01:15 PM
okay it also appears i have messed up the times buttons by moving them :banghead: ,I'll have a go at fixing it and re-upping the register

Paul C
07-04-2006, 01:34 PM
if anyone can get this form working for me I would appreciate it :)

lucas
07-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi Paul,
The problem with the first cell is simple formatting. Right click on the cell and click on format cells....click on the number tab and select general. That should fix it.

lucas
07-04-2006, 01:48 PM
As far as renaming the sheets....this is easy also.
In the vbe make sure the properties window is showing by clicking on view-Properties window if it is not showing.

select the sheet you wish to rename in the explorer window(top left)
The first line in the properties window is name....change it there and hit enter...

remember that changing sheet names can affect code that uses names but I didn't see any in your code so you should be ok.

Paul C
07-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi Steve
I feel sooo stupid at times thank you for the help LOL, anyway now i have added a title to the registerit has messed the row here the time/date appears, any idea where to adjust the code to tell it to start on the correct row?

Paul C
07-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks again Steve, I have renamed the sheets, now just got to figure out how to tell the date/time button to input it in the correct row, I have figured out how to make it appear in the correct column.

lucas
07-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Maybe...first though I don't understand this line in your attachment:

Range("e30").End(xlUp).Value = Range("e30").End(xlUp).Value

lucas
07-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Another problem you are making for yourself is using merged cells....

Paul C
07-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Maybe...first though I don't understand this line in your attachment:

Range("e30").End(xlUp).Value = Range("e30").End(xlUp).Value

Well if you dont understand i certainly wont LOL,

I have uploaded the sheet again to this message, the only problem with it now is it is inputting the time and date in the wrong row, I have moved the command buttons to show this

lucas
07-04-2006, 02:16 PM
The code was looking for the next row with nothing in it....I put a period in each of them and it goes by......not the best solution but it works.

Paul C
07-04-2006, 02:21 PM
The code was looking for the next row with nothing in it....I put a period in each of them and it goes by......not the best solution but it works.

Simple when you know how, Its works a treat Steve thanks a lot for taking the time to help me yet again.