PDA

View Full Version : Solved: How do I make main form combobox selection refresh subform info?

Clorox
07-06-2006, 02:39 PM
So here's the issue - I'm in the asset management business and I use an Access program that draws all of its info from an access database, but their setup is truly awful :banghead: . It doesn't even follow some of the basic rules for creating relational databases, but for the time being, I have to work with the system I've got (due to vendor data that gets downloaded using the programs table structure).

Anyway, the point is, we use excel to enter data initially, and then I use a crude import tool for the software that throws the info into the access database. I'd rather enter it directly into access to cut down on error, so I'm trying to figure out how to work within the existing table structure to make the forms, reports and queries I want for portfolio performance reporting for a portfolio of hedge funds.

I am literally just starting out with this, and the first problem that has arisen is that I've created a form and subform, and I've got a combobox in the main form and the intention is for it to refresh the information in the subform when a fund is selected (so that the most recent monthly data can be entered such as performance). I can use the scroll-wheel and the linked info refreshes just fine in the subform as you scroll through, but that's a pain. I'd rather be able to start typing the fund name and hit enter and have it automatically refresh the info in the subform, at which point I'll be able to enter new data.

I've attached the database and you can see the forms I've created. I'm starting everything off simple here and obviously as I build it out I'll put labels in for Data1, Data2, etc., but I'm wondering how I might be able to solve this problem first before I move any further.

Thanks!

OBP
07-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Here it is.