PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Office Web Components - Excel

schnut
07-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I'm working with the Excel Office Web Component, and I have hit a road block with it. I am retrieving the current row that the user has selected, but when the user refreshes the screen, the Excel goes back to the first row. I want to be able to use the current row that I am trapping and set it as the active or selected row when the screen gets refreshed.

For example, if there are a 100 rows in the table, and the user makes a change to row 60 and refreshes, they want to go back to row 60. I have the row they were on, but how do I put the focus back on that row when the page is reloaded.

I hope this is clear.

Thanks!!

schnut

mdmackillop
07-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Hi Schnut,
Welcome to VBAX
Sorry it's not a subject I know about, and I've not noticed questions on a similar subject. But at least this reply moves you up the list again!
Regards
MD

schnut
07-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Hey MD,

Thanks for the reply. So far what I have figured out is that the VBA that is used within the Javascript is just a subset of the whole model. It sucks in the fact that I would like to use the .Show method, but when in debug mode, that method is not listed as one that belongs to anything. I think I'm kind of pooched when it comes to what I would like to do, but maybe I'll have to take a different approach.

Cheers,
schnut

stanl
07-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Don't know if this helps, but I never allow users to see the OWC menus. I also intercept the OWC right-click and substitute my own list of options.

Stan

schnut
07-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi Stan,

Sorry for the long wait to reply, I was on vacation.

As for the menus and right click, it's not an issue with what we are doing. I did manage to figure out which row has been selected, but with the limited functionality of web excel, I cannot set the row to focus on when the screen has been refreshed.

Maybe in the next version this will work.

Cheers,
Schnut