PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Object Positioning

Tirhana
07-15-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm working on a form that is designed to keep track of a non-standard service request (a standard request would entered into our regular database). For 11 different reasons, we may have to create a non-standard request, and we need to be able follow it to closure, and also make sure it goes through the whole process of getting entered our database (after going through several checks, of which this is number one). The form that I am completing now used to be 4 different forms. But, I am feeling a little crazy this weekend, and figured there should be a way to make them into one (BWA HA HA said the evil scientist!).

Anyway, the user is required to choose one of the 11 reasons for the non-standard request, and press a button which sets the form (basically hides/unhides lines that the user is required to fill for that particular option). The user also has the ability to reset the form (if they choose the wrong option) or clear the form. Once the form is filled, the user presses a submit button to send it to another department for processing. Once that department is done, they press a fifth button to return to my department for closure. The problem occurs with one of the options. It hides the majority of the lines, and also hides one of the buttons. When the form is cleared, the button is way out of position from where I want it. I have tried locking it and everything else, but is there a code to to keep an object at a particular postion, even though it is hidden?

Thank you all in advance!
Tirhana

lucas
07-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Is there any way you could post a sanitized version of your workbook so we could see how your hiding things, etc.....?

mdmackillop
07-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi Tirhana,
Welcome to VBAX
You seem to have done the normal things. Have you tried adding code to set the position when you unhide it?
If you can post a copy of the form (Go Advanced/Manage Attachments), that might help.
Regards
MD

Tirhana
07-15-2006, 10:24 AM
I can prep a sample, but I actually solved the problem in a different way. Previously, the button causing my issues was third a vertical stack of three. By making the buttons horizonal to each other, everything worked (diasppeared and reappeared as I wanted). Let me know, and I put one together if someone wants an early morning challenge!

I do want to say I have been lurking on this site for well over a year now. I started with NO coding knowledge, except for some macros on a form that no one was using anymore. I finally figured out what it all meant, and went onto "Wow, I wonder if I make the form do this..." This site has probably been responsible for 90% of everything I can do now, and I just wanted to say thanks!

mdmackillop
07-15-2006, 10:53 AM
No need to lurk, we're all quite friendly here. So if you need any assistance, just ask. And if you can help out, please feel free.
Regards
MD