PDA

View Full Version : Repeat as a Header

xls
07-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Generally in table, table properties only top most row is repeated as header on each page. is it posiible to repeat any row other than first raw as header.

lucas
07-19-2006, 07:54 AM
Select the rows you want as headers and right click and select-Properties
Under the row tab check the box that says "repeat as header row at top of each page" See attached

EricFletcher
07-19-2006, 12:17 PM
That won't work Lucas. What XLS wants is to have the 2nd row repeat but not the first. Your example has rows 1 and 2 repeating. Although you can use the dialog to turn off the "repeat..." option for the top row, if you do try that, you'll find that both disappear (and the checked option is greyed out for the 2nd row). Trying to select anything but the first row (and any number of following rows) will cause the repeat option to be greyed out. I don't know of any way you can do this -- even though the dialog would imply that it is possible. A bug maybe? :wot

lucas
07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
I see the problem now Eric. Maybe Gerry has a solution.

xls
07-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Ok who is gerry is there any solution for it?
i tried all permutation & combination but not workin.............

fumei
07-19-2006, 09:44 PM
The answer is no. You can use any selection within a table to use as a repeated heading, but the selection must include the first row of the table.

A question back...why would you want to use another row???

xls
07-19-2006, 11:05 PM
I have got some texts in first & second row and i wants to repeat third row as a header of the table appearing in the remaining pages. Is it possible to solve it by macro?

fumei
07-20-2006, 12:44 AM
No, not as a single table. But if the "third" row is what you want repeated, then why not make the first two rows a separate table (but fully adjacent to the other table). That way, it would look like the first two rows are rows (although they would be in a different table), but the real repeating header would be the "third" row - which would actually be the first row of the repeating table.

Again, repeated table rows as headers must include the first row.

lucas
07-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Sounds like a perfect solution.

xls
07-20-2006, 08:04 PM
No but cant do any thing if not posiible at all. Think MS pepople shuld consider it!!

fumei
07-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Excuse me, but what does
No but cant do any thing if not posiible at all. mean?