PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Ctrl + Click

Justinlabenne
09-06-2004, 08:01 AM
I m using Bookmarks in A long Word Doc to have the users Select from the Index page and go to a specific page. They arent reading what pops up when they try to click on the Hyperlinks. (Ctrl + Click) Is there a way to just click the links instead of using the Ctrl + ? I tried searching Help and the Tools / Options but no luck. Any ideas or am I stuck?

:dunno

Justinlabenne
09-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Okay, I m not going to post anymore until My eyes fall out from looking for answers. I went back to TOOLS/ OPTIONS and what do you think I found. How to turn off Ctrl + Click. I dont use Word Frequently, does it show?

ACelestrian
09-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi Justin...

I would be very interested to see how you use bookmarks to go to a page from an index. I'm doing the lor-help-me-help routine right now. What you're talking about sounds a lot like a project I'm working on. If you have time, any help would be appreciated. You don't happen to have that index "searchable," do you?

AC

They don't call me ACe in here! :bink:

Justinlabenne
09-17-2004, 07:45 PM
What I called my 'Index Page' is in reality only the First page in the Word Doc. Just set up all the contents of the subsequent pages with titles, then listed all titles on the first page. Bookmarked all the page titles, then Hyperlinked to them from page 1. Hope this helps. If you want to view the file, let me know and I will send you a copy.

village_alchemist
09-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Justin, AC,

It really sounds like you are doing this the hard way. Word has a Table of Contents feature that will not only create a TOC based on styles in your document, but it also acts as a hyperlink point so you can just click on the section you want and there you are!

You can easily add a TOC to an existing document by going to the insert menu then selecting Index and Tables and then select the Table of Contents tab. Use the options button to change which styles to show and for which level. Click OK to add it to your document.

As you add more headings to your document, a quick right-click on the TOC will allow you to update the TOC with the new headings and hyperlinks. I've attached a real simple document with a TOC as an example. Hope this makes life simpler!

Justinlabenne
09-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks for that info, I really dont use Word often to realize the full potential of it's features like i do Excel. Appreciate the knowledge. Thnks for the Example too.

JL

ACelestrian
09-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Yes, thank you. I didn't realize it was so easy. I would have thanked you sooner, but I travel a lot and was out of town. I wonder, though, would it be this easy if it were in pdf? I mean, do you know how to do the same trick in pdf? Thank you-

AC :rolleyes: