PDA

View Full Version : Template Help

DarrylW
09-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Does any body know if it is possible to build a template in outlook that will keep its shape whenever emaling as the body of an email?

If so can you point me in the right directions?

Thanks

lynn_victoria
09-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Well there is more than one way to accomplish this:

You can open a mail message, set it up the way you would like it, and save as an .oft then create a mail button in outlook call it my template, and assign the hyperlink to the button. I have about 10 templates of this type that I use this way.

You can also create the template as an html file, save it in your stationary folder, and when you create a new mail message using stationary, you can pick it from the stationary list.

If you need more particulars let me know. But yes it is possible. Or if you tell me what you want I may be able to fix it up for you, unless you are just wanting to learn.

GOOD LUCK!

DarrylW
09-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Thanks for your reply.

I've come up with the attached form, but when I send it just comes up on the recipents screen blank?

The idea of the form is just a quick way to log problems and then be able to respond quickly through the form.

Can you help?

Thanks for your time:confused:

lynn_victoria
09-09-2004, 05:54 AM
a quick peak and guess, you have created and saved your template in outlook using rtf....
you must change your outlook setting to html, then design, then save as oft
also what version of office r u using, that my help give us a clue.
but this is a pre-coffee guess! i do this all the time; Using Outlook 2000

DarrylW
09-09-2004, 06:11 AM
i'm also using 2000 SR-1.

How do you swiych over to html before building?

I'll try that now

lynn_victoria
09-09-2004, 06:35 AM
tools/options

choose send message in html

lynn_victoria
09-09-2004, 06:38 AM
in looking at your form...if you are wanting to send to an end user, have them fill it out and send back. the form will have to be of a different type, and be published.

do a google on Sue Mosher she has extensive information on the publishing of forms and the pros/cons

the form will have to be published and be installed on the endusers machine.

I simply design email forms, to use for sending email, that work essentially like stationary, not a form to gather information. There are some other more efficient options out there I think. Let me know how it goes.
v

DarrylW
09-09-2004, 07:45 AM
ok. Thanks for all your time and help

DarrylW
09-09-2004, 07:46 AM
ok. Thanks for all your time and help