PDA

View Full Version : Input Button

inked
07-24-2006, 09:17 PM
I need a simple input button that will take data entered by the user and enter it into another sheet in the corresponding fields based on the date. For example sheet Input! would have the user input fields D10:D25 with data labels in C10:C25 and a drop down menu for the date (D4). The user would select the date, enter the data and press the input button.

The data would then be entered into a separate worksheet that has the date in the range B5:AF5 with the fields below each date. I would like to set it up so that the input button searches for each field in the range A6:A65.

I know how to insert the button, and open VBA in order to attach the code to the button, but I need help with the code.

Thanks.

-ep

lucas
07-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Why use an input sheet when excel is set up to use userforms for data entry?

inked
07-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm quite new to VBA and not really familiar with all the options. However, a userform does sound like a good idea. When creating a userform, is it possible to have tabs at the top to keep the data that the user has to enter categorized? For example, I have about 15 fields. 5 fields pertain to one category, 5 to another and 5 to yet another.

Thanks for the help

-ep

Bob Phillips
07-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm quite new to VBA and not really familiar with all the options. However, a userform does sound like a good idea. When creating a userform, is it possible to have tabs at the top to keep the data that the user has to enter categorized? For example, I have about 15 fields. 5 fields pertain to one category, 5 to another and 5 to yet another.

Thanks for the help

-ep

Multipage control.