PDA

View Full Version : access probs with winxp upgrade

deanziegler
09-07-2004, 05:20 AM
i have a few unique probs but ill start with this one first. i have win98se and access 2002 installed on all my workstations on network. i am in process of upgrading wkstations to winxp. after i install xp, all my access 2002 programs are displaying 4 digit years in date fields (forms and tables) even though i have them set to two digit years ( two digit is my preference) ...even changing it back and forth between 2 and 4 digit year dispays has no effect .. it stays 4 digit year any ideas how to get my programs back to two digit year format not that i have xp installed? ps is i uninstall xp the access programs revert back to two digit format arggggg helpp!!!!

Anne Troy
09-07-2004, 07:31 AM
Did you check your regional settings, Dean?

Set them for Trumbauersville.

LOL!!

Seriously, now, go into the control panel and see what your date settings are under Regional settings. I'm going to say that since my "short date" shows 9/07/2004, that it's the default, and probably wasn't on the 98 machines.

deanziegler
09-07-2004, 10:01 AM
ok you got me lol hey im new to this XP stuff... changed the short date format and now everything in that area is just peachyyyyy . thankyou now for my next post and an even bigger prob with my access prg migrations .. new post to follow