PDA

View Full Version : Print to a Specific Paper Tray in Outlook - Macro

Oliver Todd
08-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi

I work for a Law Firm and we have now been told that all our received emails must be printed on green paper. However Outlook wants to print wherever it wants, HTML on the default tray (tray 1 white), Tray 4 (green) on rich text....then the next day it resets to tray one, or it will randomly pick a tray!!

It would seem simple to put the green in tray one.....but trust me they just flip as green is only for received emails, white is for every other.

So what I need to do is create a macro, like in word, which will allow all my users, no matter what email type it is ie HTML/Rich/Plain to click on a "Print to Green" menu item and it will print to the correct tray on their default printer. Then I can leave white in Tray 1 which is the default tray.

I think I have to have a VBA scripted macro in Outlook, but hey you're the experts ;o)

I am using Outlook 2003 on XP machines with HP printers (I have loads of macros working perfectly in word which can select trays and such but can't seem to duplicate in Outlook)

Thanks in Advance

Oliver Todd :banghead: