PDA

View Full Version : VBA Certification

MissRibena
08-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone

I know this site offers certification and training but I'm not sure how reconisable it would be for me at work.

I have MOS Master but I can't find any Microsoft (or other widely known) exam that would cover VBA. Does anyone know if there is such a thing?

Thanks
Rebecca

Ken Puls
08-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Hi Rebecca,

So far as we are aware, there is no other VBA certification courses at this point. That was actually a big influence on why VBAX created one here. Currently we only offer Excel VBA training, but we hope that will change over time as well.

If you do find any other places that would offer VBA training, we'd love to know of them. :)

MissRibena
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks Ken. Will let you know.

I just don't get it. It's as though it's not techie enough to be a "real" course at Microsoft (or other) like MCP or something, but at the same time it appears beyond the scope of MOS. It's crazy that something included in the software and accessible to us all is so over-looked. Or maybe that's the way they want to keep it ...

Thanks again
Rebecca

TrippyTom
08-03-2006, 03:05 PM
It seems a similar thing is happening with the XML capabilities of Office2003. It takes some coding know-how to work with that as well, but apparently Microsoft doesn't seem to care.

It just doesn't make any sense. Maybe we could start a petition or something.
:think:

Zack Barresse
08-09-2006, 02:40 PM
VBA has always sort of been the "bastard child" to MS when it came to Office. And with MS pushing to drop VBA altogether and go towards a dotNET approach, it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't even touch a VBA certification(s) or course(s).

Ken Puls
08-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh, I don't know if I'd say that they are pushing per se... It will be included in Office 2007, but they haven't yet made up their mind about the next version to my understanding. Certainly VSTO will be the future though...

The real question, in my mind, is why there were no courses released over the last 10 years? VBA is not new, but the courses have never surfaced... I find that part of it very strange. The incredible power that rests under the hood of MS Office has remained a secret, and I have no idea why. :dunno