PDA

View Full Version : Command Buttons

boyerdumm
08-08-2006, 10:30 AM
I am trying to make a command button "invisible" but still enabled. In essence, I want the users to be able to click on an invisible button. Doesn't make sense I know, but I have taken screen shots from another application and am trying to give the look and feel of that application-in PowerPoint. I have already entertained using text boxes to do this and it works well, but does not have the functionaloty of the buttons, for example no double-click.

Can anyone help?!? TIA
JoshS

Paleo
08-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi JoshS,

simply set the buttons visible property to false.

boyerdumm
08-29-2006, 03:03 PM
I have tried that already and for some reason (I am code illiterate) the button is not "clickable" when it is not visible. I Can not tell whether it is officially disabled or not- I just know that when it's not visible, it's not clickable.

I have feebly tried to write code that would force it to be enabled when the visiblity is set to false- no dice!!!

If you have code that works for this, I'd appreciate it tremendously!
TIA,
Josh

Killian
08-30-2006, 08:46 AM
If a control is not visible, a user won't be able to click it. That's just the way of things.
However, if you set the BackStyle to opaque, you'll just see the border, which might be quite useful if you are simulating command buttons because you'll still get the 3d effect when it's clicked.
You can do the same thing with textboxes and also have no border, which is exactly waht you describe and AFAIK, textbox controls also have a dblclick event

Kicker
12-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Try using the click_event of a label contro. Draw the label where you want it. Set the background to transparent and then the border to none. This has worked pretty well for me in the past.

John Wilson
02-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Do you have to use a command button. Why not use a normal shape with an action of run macro. You can set the shape to 99% transparent fill and no line