PDA

View Full Version : Chart Issue

d4vem
08-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi all hope someone can help!

This is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen in Excel.

What I am am doing is deleting existing charts (run from the last time) reading a range of cells and creating new charts for each range by person. However I keep getting random errors when I first run it then it will work and then it will fail I have not changed any code between running each time.

After running the macro a given number of times Excel bombs out and crashes I'm not sure if it may to do with the Chart naming convention each time a chart is created but I am changing the parent name each time a chart is added.

Is it some sort of Excel logic thats causing the problem?

I have attached the file just click on the button in Sheet1 the charts will be created in Sheet2 with the colours specified in the Data Colour Table sheet

Thanks in advance of any solution

d4vem
08-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Is there any way of removing this post? I have managed to resolve with a workaround or should I just mark it as solved?

mdmackillop
08-24-2006, 11:46 AM
If it's appropriate, then why not post your solution, otherwise mark it solved and questioners can get in touch with you direct.

jolivanes
08-24-2006, 11:51 AM
mdmackillop, you're just a little faster. I was going to ask for the solution also. I visit to learn and I want to learn from someone else's mistakes, if they are indeed mistakes, as well as my own.
Regards.
John

d4vem
08-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Its not resolved as such. The workaround is to open the file create the charts and close the current open session and its works fine. The problem is when you run it a few times and as stated above Excel crashes completely

Zack Barresse
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Maybe you could post your code..?

JonPeltier
08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Zack -

The OP posted the whole workbook, but I don't really feel like going to that level of effort.