PDA

View Full Version : Library References

Imdabaum
08-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Is there a way to clear the References of items you have removed from your computer? I wrote a dll locally for testing and when it worked I placed it in a folder on the network so other applications could reference it. Now that I deleted the local copy of the dll I can't get it to stop showing up in the references. This isn't damaging or affecting anything... I'm just anal.:giggle

Zack Barresse
08-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey, can you give some exampes? Not sure I'm following you wholly here..

Imdabaum
08-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Sure I created a dll called Mousewheel. It allows me to disable the scroll button from advancing the records. I tested it on my local machine so that I could be sure it would work and not bug up the entire system. It worked, so I copied up to the network so it could be used by everyone in the office. I deleted the Mousewheel.dll on my local machine, but when you are in VBA--Tools--Reference, Two dlls now appear. One from my local machine, and the second one on the network folder that I stored it in. I'm not sure what kind of example you want... I'll upload a screen shot though.

Tommy
09-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi Imdabaum,

Have you tried to unregester it using regsvr32 /u D:\users......MouseWheel.dll ?

Imdabaum
09-06-2006, 07:17 AM
I haven't. Do I run that from the command line? Or is it something I can do from Start--> RUN, or is it simply a folder/ file that I need to open in the regedit screen?

ALe
09-06-2006, 07:34 AM
use start->Run

Imdabaum
09-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Either I didn't do it right or it didn't work.

ALe
09-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Do you get any error message?

Imdabaum
09-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Nope, no Error message just a hum of the CPU.

Tommy
09-12-2006, 01:49 PM
if
regsvr32 /u "D:\Users\BAUMBP\My Documents\Work Databases\SampleAcc\MouseWheel.dll"
didn't give a message box then something was entered wrong (that is of course if I have my entry right :rotlaugh: ) regsvr32 will complain if something is wrong. See posted picture.

Otherwise you will need to open the registry up and search for the MouseWheel.dll and delete all occurences that are not wanted. Do this only if you are comfortable doing this.

Imdabaum
09-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Okay now I got a MsgBox LoadLibrary("D:\Users\BaumBP\MyDocuments.....MouseWheel.dll" failed- The specified module could not be found.

But the dll is still listed in the reference tool box.

Tommy
09-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Copy the dll back to your machine and rerun regsvr32 then delete the dll. This should fix it. Otherwise it regestry time.:(

Imdabaum
10-17-2006, 08:26 AM
regsvr32 /u D:\Users\BAUMBP\My Documents\Work Databases\NorthWind\DllReference\MouseWheel.dll

I typed that in the start menu and I know the dll is in that location. I was looking at it right before I ran the proceedure. It gave me the same error.

Any ideas about how to do it somewhat simplified from the Registry?

johnske
10-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Download this (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=447) and try again - there's a deregister function in there, you just need to type in the name of the file and click 'Deregister the file above'.

Imdabaum
10-18-2006, 09:41 AM
I got the message that the .dll was deregistered... but it still shows up in my references. Is that what it is suppose to do?