PDA

View Full Version : Addin with toolbar not showing up

cleturno
08-24-2006, 02:46 PM
I am installing a program that installs an excel addin and adds a toolbar. The toolbar is not showing up in the toolbars menu so that I can turn it active, but it is showing up in addin list. Any thoughts on why that might be happening???

Zack Barresse
08-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Can you post the addin? Quick question (may sound dumb) do you have code in the ThisWorkbook module of the addin? If you can't post the workbook, post that please.

cleturno
08-24-2006, 03:01 PM
I didn't write the addin. It is an exe that installs the addin. It is a commercial addin. They don't know what is going on either. If you don't mind taking a look please e-mail me privately, I will E-mail it to you. It is too big to attach here. I also don't want to discredit the company that wrote it in any way. I just need a solution since I have 40 laptops that are all dependent upon this software.

cleturno
08-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Well we have come up with a work around. We are using a new toolbar with 2 custom macro buttons linked to the addin file for the time being. I guess they just don't want to have to edit their addin. It works for now though.

Zack Barresse
08-25-2006, 01:22 PM
I couldn't figure out where it ever installed to in the first place!