PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help please...

emsa
08-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi Everybody,

This is my first post and could really do with some help, please bear with me! I've created a simple form in Word for document translation requests. The form contains, amongst various other form fields, two drop-down fields, "source language" and "target language", both fields contain twenty two-letter abbreviations representing European countries along with one other item selection, namely "other...". This item when selected just means a user has to type the unlisted country into an adjacent text field, nice and simple no need for any macros or vb, I thought!

Now some smart arse in another section has informed me that users may need to select two, three or even all twenty target European languages as well as other countries not listed. Now unless I create twenty plus checkboxes, I'm stuck. This has now completely thrown me and after hours looking around for macros that I could place in the "run macro on" entry and exit fields, I've realised that I will need to learn vb very quickly! In the meantime, if anybody could help me out in any way or perhaps start me off, I would be eternally grateful. To summarise,

current situation:

Target Language: User clicks on a drop-down field in a protected word document and can select one two-letter country abbreviation.

Would love to be able to situation:

Target Language: User clicks on drop-down list or combo box (please forgive my ignorance) and selects any number of languages listed or other language, where they would need to type it in themselves. After clicking OK, all selections would then get entered into the word form somehow.

I'm not sure if this is even possible. I mean, how and where do you place varying amounts of data on the word form?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

mdmackillop
08-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi Jonathan,
Can you post what you have to date. it makes it a lot easier to comment/assist
Use Manage Attachments in the Go Advanced section.
Regards
MD

fumei
08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
1. Yes, it ispossible...even though I am not totally sur ewhat it is you are asking...still, it is likely possible.

2. "After clicking OK, all selections would then get entered into the word form somehow." THIS needs to be more explicitly described. WHERE is this going to go?